We have one of the finest health systems in the world.
Our public and private hospitals are critical to ensuring our community receives the highest standard of health care possible.
The McGowan Government has made substantial, critical investments in our local hospitals and introduced new Urgent Care Clinics to reduce the burden on hospital emergency departments.
These investments include:
- Upgrading Royal Perth Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit
- A new Toxicology Urgent Care Clinic at Royal Perth Hospital
- Enhanced obstetric services and neonatal nursery at Osborne Park Hospital
- A new rehabilitation unit and expanded specialised therapy hub at Osborne Park Hospital
- A new short-stay Mental Health Emergency Centre at Royal Perth Hospital
- Expanded mental health services for older adults with acute mental health issues at the Ursula Frayne unit at St John of God Mt Lawley
- Creating the Future Health Research and Innovation Fund to drive medical research and innovation in WA